Cross Border Angels ( CBA ) is building a startup ecosystem for startups to meet with investors, corporates and other startup stakeholders through its global network, online portal and physical and virtual events.
CBA understand that innovation is happening everywhere. However, startups need right investors to make their company smarter and grow faster. CBA is passionate about finding the right stakeholders to meet with startups, which can make their company smarter and grow faster.
CBA works with institutional investors such as angel groups, micro VCs, family offices, venture capital and private equity groups around the world to provide them curated vertical-focused investment opportunities. CBA also has various programs for corporates in OECD and emerging economies to find innovative companies to expand their innovation ecosystem through investment, acquisition, use of technology or establish strategic alliances at the right time. CBA works with incubators and accelerators in 40 global innovation hubs to assist them to create additional value for their portfolio companies through our global resources.
CBA works with various economic development organizations to provide smarter resources to local startups who can think about going global from day one. CBA works with universities by establishing and managing their innovation programs, including setting up a program for their alumni groups.
CBA belongs to a group of companies which has been involved in global businesses for more than 30 years. We have not only seen evolution of technology but have stayed in forefront of technology adoption. Our group companies have developed online portals in the 90s; we have undertaken large scale global virtual project management since the 80s and 90s. We do not claim to know everything but we do know how to assist various stakeholders to meet with a context and create a platform for predictable serendipity!
- Launched CBA in Europe with various events.
- Launched Startup India Rocks at Goa, India with ET Now as media partner.
- Managed 60 Pitch2CBA events around the world including China.
- Much larger Startup India Rocks at Bangalore.
- Based on local experience, feedback and looking at future company pivoted to "building startup ecosystem" a project much more ambitious than angel investor network.
- Launched CBA annual membership for startups.
- 2018 Plan
- Launched revised CBA portal for investors in Q1.
- Launched CBA Club of Investors in Q2 with the CBA Catalyst of Brampton, Canada.
- Launching Mentor and Expert Portal in Q3.
- Launching Impact Investment initiative in Mauritius and Gujarat, India in Q3.
- Major events will be announced for Q4.
- Stay tuned for more initiatives, launches and partnerships.
- Scout for high quality startups to present investment opportunities to our global investor ecosystem.
- Screen the startups based on traction, market validation and previous/current instances of professional investments received.
- Work with credible partners such as incubators and accelerators to source dealflow.
- Open-up a plethora of business opportunities such as possible JV with corporates, license discussions, exits, et al for our startup members beyond pure investments.
- We are not a fund
- We do not charge any kind of success fee to startups or carry to investors
- We do not take equity