CBA is a US corporation focused on connecting startup ecosystems around the world. CBA started as an Angel Group focused on cross border investments with approximately 75 plus members that has now evolved into a global investment network with an objective to identify, screen and campaign co-investment opportunities in market validated start-ups across 40 global innovation hubs. Our campaigns are now managed across our own member base along with 200 plus Angel Groups and 3000 plus VCs & Corporates around the world.
Cross Border Angels is developing a global ecosystem to help startups engage with innovation stakeholders with our international and vertical focused network.
We believe Innovation happens anywhere but it may not have the right startup ecosystem. We bring various elements of successful startup ecosystem to your doorstep.
It all started in 2010 when our founder who is based in San Francisco, went around the world and met with 300 startups. As we were embedded into Silicon Valley with having more than 30 years of experience of global business, it became quite clear that we need to have a group of like minded global investors to meet with evolving global entrepreneurs.
Cross Border Angels was formed in 2012. As we know business angel investment is very local because angel investors will like to stay engaged with startups and provide them critical advice. We decided to take this experience global beyond boundaries.
Global business at micro enterprise level was challenging in terms of legal structures, degree of transparency under various jurisdictions, time zone issues, due diligence issues and many more. However only in 2016, we met more than 1500 companies, managed 40 events and investors invested in 20 companies in last few years.
We believe that our our experience, knowledge, global locations, real time information about cost of doing business and ever expanding network of resource providers, allow us to play a very important role in startup ecosystems at established locations and upcoming locations.
- Offer our platform to startups to find domain investors, mentors and corporate
- Provide knowledge workshops to all stakeholders
- Manage events where all stakeholders can meet
- Work with existing accredited angel investors for co investment
- Invite new potential angel investors to work with other stakeholders
- Work with corporates to provide them Innovation Pipeline in their domain
- We are not a fund
- We do not charge any kind of success fee to startups or carry to investors
- We do not take equity
- SMART Retail Solutions
- SMART Agriculture
- SMART Vehicles/Transportation
- SMART Education
- SMART Medical Technologies
- SMART Energy & Environment
- SMART Manufacturing
- SMART Living/Homes/Real Estate
- SMART Sports